Director of IT Operations
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Director of IT Operations oversees Dialogue Marketing’s IT operations, and partners with executive leadership to provide technical and business guidance.|
The Director oversees the management of the operational activities of his/her department and works with the CIO to establish financial budgets, policies, standards, and practices as needed. The Director oversees and provides guidance for his/her direct reports ensuring their direction and goals are aligned with the mutual goals and objectives across the organization. In addition, the Director establishes and communicates the short and long-term objectives of the department to the executive team, peers, and team members.
|Duties:||Responsible for enterprise wide IT operations including the data center operations, PC support, service desk operations, desktop engineering, desktop rollouts, software rollouts, server operations and rollouts, VMWare, storage area networks, windows support, LAN/WAN hardware and facilities support, telecommunication support, DBA team support and disaster recovery / BCP.|
• Establish operational strategies for IT Operations department.
• Establish high-level objectives for the department and oversee the cascading of those objectives to managers, and their reports. Balance short-term operational needs with long-term strategic goals. Ensure operational strategies are in line with the organization’s goals including service quality initiatives and customer service objectives.
• Proven experience in IT planning, organization, development, and deployment
• Excellent understanding of project management principles
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality or collaboration
• Strong vendor management skills
• Working with the CIO, develop and deploy policies and procedures for the department.
• Provide guidance to team by communicating vision, strategies, and objectives to managers.
• Experience working in and developing a team-oriented, collaborative work environment at all levels
• Monitor mission critical issues, support 7x24 operational teams.
• Partner with organization’s executive leadership to provide overall technical and managerial strategies for the organization with focus on IT Operations.
• Direct resources.
• Drive a strong customer services “team” culture in line with the corporate core values.
• Ensure that the resource management function is achieving its goal to balance client project needs and the development needs of employees.
• Responsible for hiring and staffing decisions of direct reports and key positions within the department. Oversee and approve hiring and staffing decisions for the department.
• Prepare and manage department budgets.
• Ensure major programs and projects, of high impact to the organization, are delivered on time, on budget, and with high quality.
• Manage to defined business practices, processes, and procedures.
• Ensure team members adhere to technical SDLC standards, estimation guidelines and best practices.
• Support Business development and client management activities.
• Participate in reviews with operational leadership and key customer representatives on business metrics, trend reports, and utilization metrics.
• Ensure the highest level of customer service and maintain an open line of communication.
• Plan for future growth and capabilities to ensure the ability to effectively manage potential client business.
|Qualifications:||Desired Skills & Experience:|
• Availability and Commitment
• Communication and Customer Service Skills
• Leadership Experience
• Professionalism and Maturity
• Senior level organization management, overseeing multiple departments
• Excellent knowledge of business principles and operations
• Combination of business acumen and IT expertise
• Technical Background - ability to deep-dive with IT professionals and then provide clear and informative briefings to the management team
• Customer Service Centric
• Strong familiarity with VMWare, Storage Area Networking, Layer 2 and Layer 3 design, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning and secure computing environments.
• Ten years progressive responsibility in the IT field, with at least 5 years of experience managing and/or directing an IT operation or large team
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, or a related field preferred
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.